Call for Your Free Initial Consultation — (903) 868-2600
John Nix earned this award for excellence in the following:
- Quality of Service
- Overall Value
- Communication Ability
John H. Nix was voted Seriously Outstanding by his peers at Super Lawyers.
Only 5% of all attorneys who go through the multi-phased selection process achieve this rank.
The Texoma Law Firm
The John Nix Law Office is a full service criminal and civil law firm. We offer comprehensive representation for all of North Texas and Southern Oklahoma. Our quality of service and effort is best reflected in the client testimonials we've provided for your review.
We truly believe that representation starts when you hire us, and simply waiting for your case to appear on a court docket is a waste of time. As they say, "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure."
Each of our clients has not only the benefit of the highest level staff, but also the luxury of having their case analyzed and represented by a former Criminal District Attorney and Assistant General Counsel for the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation. Experience is the key that allows us to focus on the issues that matter and formulate a plan that safeguards your life.
We understand your life is precious to you and your loved ones, and it is you who have to live with the consequences of our representation. For that reason we believe in two fundamental principles:
Any situation, no matter how dark, is capable of having its light exposed.
And, as said by Samuel Houston, the seventh governor of the Republic of Texas as well as John Houston Nix's paternal ancestor, "We will not learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
- Texas Christian University, B.S. 1993
- Oklahoma City University School of Law, J.D. 1997
- Attorney for the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation, 1997-1999
- Texas Criminal District Attorney, 1999-2001
- Private Practice, 2001 - Present
- Began our Criminal Law and Family Law Sections
- Began fighting deportations in Dallas' Federal Immigration Court
- Twice Elected President of Grayson County Criminal Defense Bar
- Elected President of Grayson County Bar Association
- Recognized by Texas Monthly in the area of Criminal Law
- Obtained the rare distinction of an Appellate Acquittal in Scott vs. State
- Extended practice to Collin, Tarrant, and Dallas Counties in Texas, and Bryan and Marshall Counties in Oklahoma
- Licensed by the Supreme Courts of Texas and Oklahoma
- Member of American Bar Association
Representative Clients: Country legend Randy Travis, Ameristate Bank, and Britain Chevrolet
Representative Boards & Associations: Ella Mae Brown Women’s Crisis Center, Wilson N. Jones Hospital Community Group, Pregnancy Crisis Center Board, Four Rivers Outreach Ministry Board, Ameristate Bank Board, Grayson County Criminal Justice Advisory Committee, East-West Ministries Cuba and Nicaragua Mission Teams, Fusion Bible Church
We have offices located in Sherman, TX - Ft. Worth, TX - Mckinney, TX - and Durant, OK.