EXPERIENCED SEMI-TRUCK ACCIDENT ATTORNEY SERVING CLIENTS IN TEXAS AND OKLAHOMA
If you’ve lived in Texas or Oklahoma for any length of time, you’ve probably noticed heavy 18-wheeler traffic on our freeways and roads. Although tight regulations govern the trucking industry, the companies responsible for moving cargo often prioritize profit over safety. When this happens, innocent people get injured or killed.
Of the approximately 510,000 police-reported crashes involving large trucks in 2019, there were 4,479 (1 percent) fatal crashes and 114,000 (29 percent) injury crashes.Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
At the Law Office of John H. Nix, our attorneys have extensive experience helping victims of 18-wheeler accidents. If you were seriously injured or lost a loved one in a collision with a commercial truck, our law office can help you pursue the compensation you deserve.
Please contact the Law Office of John H. Nix at (903) 868-2600 today for a free consultation.
DO I NEED A LAWYER AFTER AN 18-WHEELER ACCIDENT?
Yes. Unfortunately, the odds are stacked against you if you don’t have qualified representation. To get the compensation you need and deserve after being injured in an 18-wheeler crash, it is in your best interest to hire a truck accident lawyer with the knowledge to navigate the complexities of the litigation and the compassion to understand how you are impacted personally. Unlike most car accident cases, truck accident litigation tends to be more complicated for the following reasons:
- An accident with a commercial vehicle typically involves more than one defendant, including the trucker, his/her employer, the maker of a part on the rig, and possibly others
- With multiple defendants come multiple insurance companies, all of them trying to pay you as little as possible
- Since truck drivers are subject to federal regulations, state and local laws, it’s important to hire an attorney who can navigate complex issues
WHEN SHOULD I CALL A TRUCK ACCIDENT LAWYER?
Since insurance adjusters work quickly when they fear their party may be at fault, they probably called you before you had time to speak with an attorney. The insurance company’s goal is to get you to agree to a settlement as quickly as possible. The problem with wrapping up the claim is that you might not know the extent of your injuries and how long it will take to recover, if ever. You may need surgery down the line, or be out of work for an extended period.
It’s best to contact a truck accident attorney early in the process especially if you or a loved one:
- Experienced a fatal truck accident
- Suffered from severe injuries such as; broken bones, burns, loss of vision, paralysis, amputation, and any other long-term or permanent physical impairment
- Were in a truck accident involving other vehicles
- Were in an 18-wheeler crash that occurred in a construction or school zone
- You feel the official accident report contains inaccurate information
An 18-wheeler accident attorney will consider all of the players in your case to determine the cause of the accident and produce hard evidence to back their findings.
WHAT ARE COMMON REASONS FOR BIG TRUCK ACCIDENTS IN TEXAS AND OKLAHOMA?
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), leading causes of motor vehicle accidents involving large trucks include:
🔻 Loss of control (speeding, traveling too fast for road conditions)
🔻 Failing to maintain the lane of traffic
🔻 Making dangerous or improper turns at an intersection
🔻 Driver fatigue
🔻 Following too closely/tailgating
🔻 Distracted driving